BOSTON BEANSTALKS TALL CLUB - Robert Austin Memorial Scholarship
TALL CLUBS INTERNATIONAL - Kae Sumner Einfeldt Scholarship
TCI FOUNDATION - Virginia Linquist Winker Scholarship
The Boston Beanstalks Tall Club (BBTC) is offering one $500 scholarship to a graduating senior who meets the criteria discussed below. His or her application will then be submitted to Tall Clubs International (TCI) for consideration for the TCI Scholarships. Tall Clubs International and the TCI Foundation offer $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors who meet the criteria discussed below.
The BBTC is a social organization for men and women of tall stature and is a member of TCI, which consists of more than 50 clubs across the United States and Canada. TCI member clubs take pride in fostering tall awareness through their community involvement.
Each of the affiliated Tall Clubs is eligible to submit one (1) scholarship application to the TCI Scholarship Committee. If you live and attend high school in the U.S. state of Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine or Connecticut, do not contact TCI directly. TCI can only refer you to your nearest tall club: the BBTC. Your complete BBTC scholarship application meets all requirements for consideration by TCI.
Students who apply may be considering any field of study and may be entering either a two or four year institution of higher learning in the fall of 2017. Criteria will include:
- (requirement) minimum height (females 5'10", males 6'2")
- (requirement) under the age of 21
- (requirement) live and attend high school in U.S. State of Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Hampshire or Maine
- academic record and achievement
- involvement in clubs and activities in the school community
- involvement in clubs and activities outside the school community
- personal achievement
The BBTC scholarship will be presented to the winner during his or her high-school awards ceremony in May or June 2017. The finalist’s application and the committee’s recommendation will be forwarded to the TCI Scholarship Committee. This committee will select the recipients in time for the scholarships to be awarded at the awards ceremonies at the recipients’ high schools. Recipients will also be announced at the annual TCI Awards Banquet in July 2017.
Instructions for Applicant
- Complete the application form, which includes the general release form. The application is in Word format and must be typed.
- Include a photograph suitable for publicity purposes.
- Include a transcript of your high school records or have it mailed separately.
- Include a copy or your ACT, SAT, or PSAT test scores.
- Write a short essay on “What being tall means to me.” The essay should be typed in font Times New Roman no larger than 12 points. You will be judged on content, originality, writing style and presentation. Limit your essay to one side of an 8½"x11" sheet of paper. Submit this with your application.
- Print and give two recommendation forms to individuals of your choice from within the school community (Recommendations may or may not be typed). These recommendation forms and letters may be sent directly to the Scholarship Coordinator or be included with your application. The recommendation letters may be letters already written as college application recommendations.
- All items must be postmarked by March 1, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- We strongly recommend that instead of using postal mail, you email your application no later than March 1st to email@example.com. Your application should consist of one or more .pdf or .doc files. Your picture may be in either .png or .jpg format.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all forms are returned by the deadline.
- If mailing via USPS, all forms, photos, essays, recommendations, test scores, and transcripts must be sent to the following address:
BBTC Scholarship Coordinator
Boston Beanstalks Tall Club Scholarship Award
P.O. Box 610185
Newton, MA 02461
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org